Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Am Stuck On Band-Aid, 'Cause Band-Aid's Stuck on Me!

Fact: Olivia LOVES band-aids. Asks for them for even the slightest bump or bruise.
Fact: Hudson HATES band-aids. Would rather bleed to death or die of infection.
Background: Olivia went for a physical on Thursday and got a shot in each arm and her finger pricked. This equals three band-aids.

Tonight the kids were snuggled up in Olivia's bed during prayer time. I was giving each of them hugs and tickles, and I apparently grazed the spot on Olivia's right arm where her injection had been. The band-aid is, of course, still there.

O: (whining) Ow, Mom, that's my sore spot.
Me: Olivia, that was three days ago. It shouldn't hurt anymore. On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad did those shots really hurt?
O: Only about a 6.
Me: I'm so proud of you for not crying with your shots. See, you're becoming more brave! Now, how about we take those band-aids off?
O: Noooo!
H: Sissy is afraid of taking band-aids off.
Me: She is?
H: Yes. And I'm afraid of putting band-aids on.

That's my boy. Always calls 'em like he sees 'em!

No comments: