Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nana's Macaroni 'n Cheese

Randy's mom has made this recipe as long as I've known her. (That's us in '08 at the Mayfield Dairy - yum!) It's the most sinful macaroni 'n cheese you'll ever eat, and this is honest first-hand knowledge! I have to restrain myself these days, but there have been times in my life when I could eat the whole batch.

Dangerous stuff I tell you ...



Nana's Macaroni 'n Cheese

8 oz. macaroni noodles, boiled and drained

1 large can of Carnation milk

1 1/2 cups milk

1 tsp. salt

1 stick butter, melted

1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese*

1 egg, lightly beaten

paprika

Coat the inside of a large crock pot with non-stick spray. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, both milks, salt, butter, 1 cup of the cheese and the egg; stir until combined. Pour this mixture into the crock pot. Add the rest of the cheese on top and sprinkle with paprika. Cook 3 1/2 hours on low heat.

* she's been known to use any combination of cheese including velveeta, American, and even canned cheese soup (this makes it really good)

1 comment:

Judi Harvey said...

Amy, thank you for sharing this...looks like I'll have to eat this in moderation too!