Monday, August 24, 2009

Kindergarten Kapers

Well, Hudson started school on Wednesday. He'll go half days through the end of this week before going all day starting next week. Here are a few tales from the back seat as we drive either to or from school:

1st Day
Me: So, what did you think of Kindergarten?
H: I can handle this, mom. All we did was color, have snack, go on the playground ... AND ... there's NO HOMEWORK!

2nd Day
H: This tucking in the shirt thing is killin' me!

3rd Day
H: Mom, there's this blue thing at the water fountain that "scans" people when they take a drink.
Me: Really? Are you sure? I can't think of what that would be for.
H: I think it's to check for villans.

4th Day
H: I had a good day, but I'm pretty sure I haven't learned to read yet.

5th Day
H: We're going to dress up as presidents one day.
Me: For President's Day?
H: Nope. Just for a regular day. My president costume will be green.
Me: Green? Why green?
H: That's the color of all the statues of the dead ones.


More to come. Stay tuned!