Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yep, It's GF!


So, I had two bananas that were just done; wouldn't have made it until breakfast the next morning. I L*O*V*E Banana Nut Bread, but no one else around here is very fond of it. H would be, but BNB poses a double whammy with the flour and the nuts. So, I thought I'd look in my gluten-free cookbook, and there was - indeed - a banana bread recipe. Using only two bananas and no nuts! I whipped it up while Hudson wasn't looking and waited for the aroma of that wonderful batter baking in the oven to draw him in. It didn't take long! He was thrilled to know it was for him (and me!).

Once it was done, I sliced him a thick slab of it and poured a glass of milk. Gone. Not a crumb left. I had an end piece, and even O got in on the snack and she gave it a thumbs-up. I've kept the rest sliced in the fridge for a few days, and he has taken it in his lunch, had it for breakfast and for snacks. He really likes it most with butter and grape jelly on it! Whatever works.

No comments: