Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tight Wad

The kids have discovered how fun it is to run down the hall and plummet onto Hudson's bed. I have asked them to stop, and they've complied. However, tonight I noticed some paint missing from Hudson's wall where his head board and foot board have scraped it -- yep, you guessed it, from the kids doing acrobatics on the bed. They were both in the vicinity when I made the discovery, and I really wanted to make a stern point that this was not acceptable behavior. So I say . . .

Me: Hey, guys -- see this on the wall?
Them: Yeah.
Me: Guess how that happened?
Olivia: Ummm. From when we jumped on Hudson's bed?
Me: Yes. (long pause) If I see either of you jumping on the bed again, you're both in trouble. That means if I see Olivia jumping, then you both will be punished; if I see Hudson jumping, you both will be punished.
Olivia: Why both of us?
Me: Because I don't know which of you started this, but I do know that you tend to do this together as a group activity. No more, or there will be a price to pay.
Hudson: Well, I'm not paying you any of MY money!

I had to look away because I was laughing so hard. The little stinker!!