Sunday, October 5, 2008

Who Knew?

We celebrated The Lord's Supper tonight at church, and a crazy thought got into my head . . . What is Hudson going to do when he's able to partake in this ceremony? The little square bread things are made of FLOUR!! What a bummer. He's very close to salvation, and he was quite curious as to what we were doing with these 'special snacks' tonight. I'd hate for him to be all excited about taking part in his first Lord's Supper (by the way, that's 'communion' for all my Catholic buddies!) and then not being able to eat the bread.

Well, as I was just about to shut down the 'puter tonight, I thought about it again and did a little Google search. Can you believe, there's actually a GLUTEN-FREE COMMUNION WAFER? "... sold in a pack of 50 and now soy-free!" I'm cracking up. Who knew?? Guess I'll have to give our Deacons a heads-up on this. Will we have a special 'wheat free' pew? Will we have to BYOB -- Bring Your Own Bread? The wafers are made by Ener-G Foods. I think I have a coupon . . .

2 comments:

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

That's hilarious! -Ang

vreagan said...

So funny. You are going to be a pro at this stuff. You should consider writing a book about what you have been through.