Saturday, June 6, 2009

Plans ...

In my teens, I knew I would get married right out of college. I did. And he's still wonderful and the love of my life. God sent him to me, and my plan lined up with His plan.

Once married, I thought I knew my career path. My plan was okay. God's plan was better.

Once into my career, I thought we'd have children right away. A whole bunch of 'em! My plan was a dead end. God's plan was glorious.

Once pregnant with child #1, I was confident that I could go back to work ... just couldn't leave my job. God's plan was certain ... just couldn't leave my little girl.

Once child #1 entered school, a Christian education was a wish, a hope, a plan for the future. God knew the future.

Once child #2 was well into school, going back to work seemed possible ... but only on my terms -- to work during the school day, during the school year, with summers free ... just to help pay for the extras and to be with my children. God was two steps ahead.

Child #2 starts school this year. Didn't think I was ready to go back -- too soon. But, the door was opened ... part-time job at a Christian school. Not just ANY school, but THE ONE we had considered all along.

God is good. He is faithful. He is true. He knows the desires of our hearts; He is amused by our plans ... Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Me. Trusting. Praising. Giggling with my Heavenly Father for His impeccable timing and love for little 'ole me.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Yeah!! God is good!