Monday, September 29, 2008


It's true. Most things in life can be fixed with duct tape, WD-40 or a healthy dose of chocolate. However, when I have a cold -- or any illness for that matter -- there is a trifecta of products that makes me feel better. These are: Carmex, Vic's VaporRub, and Chloraseptic throat spray. Randy laughs in the face of my simple home remedy, and he can continue laughing as far as I'm concerned. When used just before bed time, I can almost guarantee a good night of sleep, even when feeling yucky.
Exhibit A -- Most of Saturday and all of yesterday, I felt horrible. Sinus headache, sore throat, stuffiness, you know the feeling. I went to bed early last night, doubting that I'd be able to sleep without my head exploding. Took two Tylenol and used my three little friends, and I snoozed until morning.
I'm feeling some better today. It could be the 'real' medicine I took this morning, but I think it has a little something to do with the trio of items perched on my bedside table. Yes, I'm certain it does!

No comments: